Florida Christian School is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
Florida Christian School’s International student Program hosts F-1 students from all over the world. Our staff is prepared to assist students and families with their educational experience. FCS offers academic support, tutoring, ESL, specialized trips and college counseling events, as well as the opportunity to experience the cultural diversity of South Florida.
FCS is invested in the quality and growth of the International Student Program and continues to expand its global influence through the education of students from different cultural backgrounds. Inclusion of international students into the FCS family brings expanded educational curriculum, increased world perspective, a more compassionate cultural understanding, and a greater discipleship calling in fulfillment of our mission as a Christian school.
Currently, we host students from China, Germany, Venezuela, Mexico and Tunisia.
How To Apply
Chinese Student Application Process
FCS partners with The Cambridge Institute to help Chinese students work through the admissions process and to ensure proper placement. If you are a student from China, please contact our consultants at the Cambridge Institute – click HERE to submit an inquiry.
All Other International Students Application Process
The application process is online. Applying online provides international parents and students a tool for tracking the status of their admission after their application has been submitted. A non-refundable fee of $115 must be submitted with each application.
International students will be required to follow the application process as described on our website. Additionally, international students must submit the following supplemental documents to complete the International Student Application packet:
- Copy of passport or birth certificate
- A scan of a recent photo of applicant
- A scan of an official copy of bank statement with sufficient funds for tuition and fees
- Official immunization record
- An Official copy of student’s grades / transcripts from all secondary course work (past two years of academics for students entering 9th & 10th grade). Students are to use WES ICAP Document by Document Evaluation services in order to verify academic transcripts. (refer to www.wes.org/students/index.asp for instructions on obtaining this document)
- Official SSAT Academic Proficiency Test Results (registration information can be found at http://www.ssat.org/test/registration
- Official English Proficiency Test Results from one of the following:
- TOEFL Junior: http://www.ets.org/toefl_junior/contact/standard or TOEFL: http://www.ets.org/toefl – Please request on the TOEFL registration form that scores be reported directly to Florida Christian School, code 6152.
International students are encouraged to apply between October 1st and March 1st for the following school year. Sufficient time is required to interview and screen candidates, to complete and process the necessary paperwork, and to obtain the necessary visas.
The Host Family Experience
Florida Christian School does not provide housing however you can contact gphomestay for host family information. Through gphomestay, international students live with an American family who makes them a part of their own family. This experience will provide a healthy learning environment within the nurture of a loving family environment. Students will enjoy cultural integration, accelerated English learning, personalized care, and positive social and emotional support in the context of integrating into an actual American family.
Host families provide students with room and board, all meals, and transportation. They also serve as a direct point of communication with the home family and provide steady feedback regarding the student’s academic progress and well-being, and inform the home parents of any issues that may arise.
Host families are only chosen after background checks, reference checks, and personal interviews are completed and reviewed.
Florida Christian School has partnered with the gphomestay program, and we search for caring families in the area who would be interested in hosting an international student for the academic year.
Click HERE for more information.