We Prepare You For Your Dreams
Florida Christian School offers a comprehensive college counseling program for high school students. As part of its mission, it seeks to challenge students to reach their academic potential and encourage them to realize their God-given gifts and talents. The objective of the office of college counseling at Florida Christian School is to provide high school students and their families with the knowledge needed for college admission. This is an individualized process that begins in 9th grade and continues through the end of the senior year.
College Admission has become an increasingly competitive and complex process and the office of college counseling exists to offer students the tools needed to successfully transition from high school to college. Beginning in 9th grade, students are provided with career and academic counseling. In the junior and senior years, college counseling becomes an intensive, multi-faceted process. Students are guided through each of the steps required for college admission including the college search, college admission testing, the application process, and financial aid.
College Guidance Highlights
- Personality and career interest testing
- Academic counseling
- College and career counseling
- Pre-college admission testing: PSAT
- Junior Class college tour trip of state universities
- Fall and spring college information presentations for parents
- Student classroom workshops on varied topics such as college essays, financial aid, Bright Futures, resumes, college admission testing, college applications, and scholarships
- FCS campus visits by college admission representatives
- Online college planning through Naviance, a college guidance web-based program
- Silver Knight Award program